|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 24, 2017|
|Updated:||January 26, 2017|
BoomRadio is a potentially unwanted program that uses deceptive technique to draw your attention. In fact, it claims to have various features not found on other media player and this includes easy discovery, follow, search, and listen to all your favorite tunes. At first glimpse of the program, user may find it a very useful player that when installed will be very functional on the system. Without user’s knowledge, BoomRadio was deployed for the aim of its authors to generate profit.
Most free program these days including BoomRadio are employing bundling scheme to make profit out of a single program. With this technique, other software, whether good or bad are packed into single installation file. It is somehow distributing programs to promote them even it is not requested or voluntarily downloaded by user.
BoomRadio is classified as adware or potentially unwanted program. It is part of a distribution method used to propagate malicious or unknown software. Moreover, adware are installed along with BoomRadio without asking for user’s permission.
About Boom Radio (from radio-boom.com)
Watch music videos, tutorials and find soundtracks to your favorite TV shows. Learn the lyrics to hundreds of classic rock, oldies and classical music. Discover Over 1,000 international radio stations.
When BoomRadio is installed on the computer, you may encounter certain annoyances. This adware can generate various advertisements like banners, pop-ups, and full-page graphical ads. In some instances, BoomRadio may reveal ads right at the context of the browser by using virtual layer format.
Presence of BoomRadio on the computer may also causes the installation of added potentially unwanted program that serves different function aside from playing media. Most known software that are bundled to BoomRadio are games, fake updates, toolbars, and unknown search engine. All of which can deliver advertisements to make each one profitable.
Browser monitoring is also another risk you may have when BoomRadio is present on the PC. This adware can steal sensitive data and observe your browsing habit while you are surfing the web. Data collected from your computer will be used to serve better targeted ads and product offers.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for radio-boom.com web site.
How to remove BoomRadio from the computer?
Before we start with BoomRadio removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove BoomRadio from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Use Junkware Removal Tool to Scan and Remove BoomRadio
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool. Please follow the given link above.
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with BoomRadio.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing BoomRadio.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
2nd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Follow the link above to download a copy of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for BoomRadio items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and BoomRadio files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from BoomRadio adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
Optional : Remove BoomRadio Manually Using Add/Remove Programs
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of BoomRadio even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select BoomRadio from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select BoomRadio from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for BoomRadio from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select BoomRadio and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When BoomRadio is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
More Scanners to Help you Remove BoomRadio
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes BoomRadio files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for BoomRadio relevant threats.
Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever BoomRadio was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete BoomRadio from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of BoomRadio entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove BoomRadio from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of BoomRadio and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall BoomRadio from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove BoomRadio items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove BoomRadio from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.