|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||February 15, 2017|
|Updated:||February 15, 2017|
GetCouponsFast is offered as a free tool to obtain promos and discount coupons. To some users, this thing can be helpful especially if they are into online shopping. However, some user who are not keen to GetCouponsFast, find this browser extension as a thing that they need to remove from the PC. Some even consider it as virus or malware.
The main objective of GetCouponsFast is to gain online profit. To achieve it, the adware must generate clicks through ads that it will display on your browser. Authors find a way to do it by simply integrating codes into the browser known as GetCouponsFast extension. With this script, the adware can insert ads into the context of a web page.
About GetCouponsFast (from getcouponsfast.com)
Get free printable coupons from popular sites.
If GetCouponsFast is present on your computer, in only means that potentially unwanted program manages to gain an access into it. This PUP is the sole culprit for the installation of GetCouponsFast and other adware that may exists on the computer without your knowledge. Aside from installing unknown applications, you may also observe other things like toolbar, home page hijacker, and unwanted search engine.
Presence of GetCouponsFast is not limited to a display of excessive ads only. This adware constantly monitors your web browsing activity and records sensitive information it may sense. GetCouponsFast also drops affiliates Internet cookies so that advertisers may be able to track any data with regards to its advertising scheme.
Every now and then, GetCouponsFast will connect to its remote server to upload gathered information that may include number of clicks, visited pages, accessed web sites, and other relevant data.
getcouponsfast.com web site is currently not listed as dangerous under Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Over the past 90 days, no dangerous content was found on this site.
How to remove GetCouponsFast from the computer?
Before we start with GetCouponsFast removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove GetCouponsFast from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Use Junkware Removal Tool to Scan and Remove GetCouponsFast
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool. Please follow the given link above.
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with GetCouponsFast.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing GetCouponsFast.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
2nd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Follow the link above to download a copy of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for GetCouponsFast items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and GetCouponsFast files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from GetCouponsFast adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
Optional : Remove GetCouponsFast Manually Using Add/Remove Programs
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of GetCouponsFast even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select GetCouponsFast from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select GetCouponsFast from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for GetCouponsFast from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select GetCouponsFast and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When GetCouponsFast is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
More Scanners to Help you Remove GetCouponsFast
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes GetCouponsFast files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for GetCouponsFast relevant threats.
Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever GetCouponsFast was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete GetCouponsFast from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of GetCouponsFast entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove GetCouponsFast from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of GetCouponsFast and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall GetCouponsFast from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove GetCouponsFast items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove GetCouponsFast from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.