|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 24, 2017|
|Updated:||January 26, 2017|
Gracepot is endorsed as a file downloader that also helps you install software without any hassle. What you may expect after downloading this tool is a bunch of advertisements that will show up on the browser when you surf the internet. Apart from advertisements, Gracepot is also labeled as an adware that may steal sensitive data from your computer.
Gracepot may appear as a practical tool that you may use for downloading and installing applications. Unknown to many Mac OS X users, Gracepot is part of a network that spreads software and this may include potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once installed on the computer, Gracepot may have significant effect on Safari browser. Ads by Gracepot will appear on browser’s window and unknown search engine may occupy New Tab or Homepage of Safari and other installed browser.
About Gracepot (from gracepot.com)
Install applications the easy way and without the hassle, using the Gracepot downloader. The Gracepot platform stems from years of experience with installing applications, resulting in a highly optimized process, yielding faster downloads, a better user experience and more successful installations.
Presence of Gracepot may mean that computer is threatened with possible malware infection. This may not be the only danger which victims need to address. Gracepot may also come bundled with other adware and junkware. These additional programs get installed on the system without asking for user’s approval.
With the existence of Gracepot, browser will display unwanted advertisements. It will also produce certain browser redirect issue occasionally. Furthermore, code embedded on the computer may give Gracepot some freedom to watch on user’s online activities. It can monitor visited pages, search key words, and other useful online data.
The program may be promoted as valid software but most users didn’t realize is that it belongs to a family of malicious program. Your Mac system can be at risk during the presence of Gracepot. Security experts suggest the removal of this adware.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for Gracepot.com web site.
How to remove Gracepot from the computer?
To effectively remove Gracepot from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Gracepot
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Gracepot and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Gracepot with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac [Download Now] - Free your Mac from annoying adware.
- Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
- This step should automatically removed Gracepot from the system. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of the adware, please proceed with the next step.
Uninstall Gracepot browser extension
1. Uninstall Gracepot extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Gracepot and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Gracepot and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Gracepot from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Gracepot extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Gracepot file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Gracepot and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Gracepot and drag it to Trash.