|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 18, 2017|
|Updated:||January 19, 2017|
MovieCharm is an ad-supported program that will enter the PC systems as browser add-on, extension, or plug-in. This adware is normally bundled to third-party applications and comes with a couple of unwanted program. Malicious links originating from social media sites, instant messaging applications, and spam emails can also bring users to a site where in they can download MovieCharm by accident.
Once MovieCharm adware is running on the computer, it will begin to deliver advertisements. Annoying ads may appear in various formats including pop-up ads, banner, text link, or sidebar. Since the ads are placed in the context of the page, users mistakenly see it as normal element. In fact, MovieCharm ads are not affiliated with the current web page. It will appear due to the plug-in presently installed on the browser.
About Movie Charm (from moviecharm.com)
The days of going to your local video rental store are over, and you can now watch your favorite films online. But where do you begin? MovieCharm is your starting point for finding FREE movie downloads through popular services. MovieCharm presents you with the best, most trusted options for streaming movies on the web.
If MovieCharm is present on your computer, it only means that potentially unwanted program manages to gain an access into it. This PUP is the sole culprit for the installation of MovieCharm and other adware that may exists on the computer without your knowledge. Aside from installing unknown applications, you may also observe other things like toolbar, home page hijacker, and unwanted search engine.
Presence of MovieCharm is not limited to a display of excessive ads only. This adware constantly monitors your web browsing activity and records sensitive information it may sense. MovieCharm also drops affiliates Internet cookies so that advertisers may be able to track any data with regards to its advertising scheme.
Every now and then, MovieCharm will connect to its remote server to upload gathered information that may include number of clicks, visited pages, accessed web sites, and other relevant data.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for moviecharm.com web site.
How to remove MovieCharm from the computer?
Before we start with MovieCharm removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove MovieCharm from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Use Junkware Removal Tool to Scan and Remove MovieCharm
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool. Please follow the given link above.
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with MovieCharm.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing MovieCharm.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
2nd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Follow the link above to download a copy of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for MovieCharm items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and MovieCharm files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from MovieCharm adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
Optional : Remove MovieCharm Manually Using Add/Remove Programs
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of MovieCharm even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select MovieCharm from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select MovieCharm from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for MovieCharm from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select MovieCharm and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When MovieCharm is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
More Scanners to Help you Remove MovieCharm
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes MovieCharm files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for MovieCharm relevant threats.
Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever MovieCharm was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete MovieCharm from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of MovieCharm entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove MovieCharm from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of MovieCharm and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall MovieCharm from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove MovieCharm items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove MovieCharm from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.