|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 26, 2017|
|Updated:||January 26, 2017|
Nunu-App is endorsed as a file downloader that also helps you install software without any hassle. What you may expect after downloading this tool is a bunch of advertisements that will show up on the browser when you surf the internet. Apart from advertisements, Nunu-App is also labeled as an adware that may steal sensitive data from your computer.
Nunu-App may appear as a practical tool that you may use for downloading and installing applications. Unknown to many Mac OS X users, Nunu-App is part of a network that spreads software and this may include potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once installed on the computer, Nunu-App may have significant effect on Safari browser. Ads by Nunu-App will appear on browser’s window and unknown search engine may occupy New Tab or Homepage of Safari and other installed browser.
About Nunu-App (from nunu-app.com)
Nunu-App is a network specializing in Mac software distribution, from download to successful installation, and as such, offering a better way for you to reach the Mac software community.
Presence of Nunu-App may mean that computer is threatened with possible malware infection. This may not be the only danger which victims need to address. Nunu-App may also come bundled with other adware and junkware. These additional programs get installed on the system without asking for user’s approval.
With the existence of Nunu-App, browser will display unwanted advertisements. It will also produce certain browser redirect issue occasionally. Furthermore, code embedded on the computer may give Nunu-App some freedom to watch on user’s online activities. It can monitor visited pages, search key words, and other useful online data.
The program may be promoted as valid software but most users didn’t realize is that it belongs to a family of malicious program. Your Mac system can be at risk during the presence of Nunu-App. Security experts suggest the removal of this adware.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for Nunu-App.com web site.
How to remove Nunu-App from the computer?
To effectively remove Nunu-App from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Nunu-App
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Nunu-App and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Nunu-App with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac [Download Now] - Free your Mac from annoying adware.
- Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
- This step should automatically removed Nunu-App from the system. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of the adware, please proceed with the next step.
Uninstall Nunu-App browser extension
1. Uninstall Nunu-App extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Nunu-App and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Nunu-App and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Nunu-App from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Nunu-App extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Nunu-App file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Nunu-App and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Nunu-App and drag it to Trash.