PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp is a ad-supported software that normally spreads via similar programs. This type of threat is often bundled to software which can be freely obtained from several websites. Generally, PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp is included in free software to generate profit in order to retrieve development cost. Though, most of the time adware remains to earn revenue by running excessive advertisements on the browser. This is somehow obtrusive to most computer users.
Apart from making online revenue, PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp authors tasked their product to collect data such as frequently visited websites as well as products they usually purchased. These gathered data are sent back to adware makers and analyze which best advertisement to serve on user’s computer. One aim of PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp is to generate sales by displaying ads that are appealing to users.
General consent states that adware containing malicious purpose targeting victim’s personal data are also classified as spyware. PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp is an example of malicious program that invades ones privacy and collects information without asking for user’s consent. Therefore, due to privacy concerns and possibility of more risks, anti-virus software today are designed to instantly remove PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp and relevant files.
This computer threat known to carry out a number of payloads such as the following:
- PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp is a threat known to display pop-up advertisements that you can’t control.
- It can modify home page settings of known internet browser programs.
- PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp alters default search engine and place an unknown one on the start-up page.
- This threat may collect vital information about user and relevant online credentials.
- It connects to a remote server to upload gathered data from a compromised computer.
Presence of PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp can be clearly recognized by certain changes made on the browser without user’s consent. Most familiar of all is the frequent display of advertisements like banners, pop-up, inline, and redirects. Another reason to believe that computer is compromised with PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp can be verified by your own anti-virus or anti-malware software protecting the computer.
PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp also produces the following files:
PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp is an adware detected by Symantec. Some antivirus programs identified this threat as PUP.Optional.PCSpeedUp.A or PUP.Win32.PCSpeedUp.
Procedures to Remove PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp
Before we proceed with the removal of PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp, we highly suggest that you PRINT this guide. Some tools may advise you to restart the computer later and you need the printout as your reference.
1st Step : Use Microsoft Security Software
Microsoft security software like Windows Defender, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Microsoft Safety Scanner can detect and remove PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp. Use the tool that is appropriate to your Windows operating system.
Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 Users Guide
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + C to open the Charms. You may also swipe in to the right edge of the screen.
2. Search for Defender, and then open Windows Defender.
3. Please select Full under Scan Options.
4. Click on Scan now to start removing PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista Users Guide
1. Download Microsoft Security Essentials and install it on your computer. Click here.
2. Open Microsoft Security Essentials and select Full scan under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now to start finding PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp and other malicious objects from your PC.
4. Remove all threats identified by Microsoft Security Essentials.
For older Version of Windows
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner from this link.
2. Run a full scan on the computer to find objects that are relevant to PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp.
3. Scanning may take a while. Please let the scan to finish.
4. Remove all threats identified on the computer including those that of PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp.
2nd Step : Double-check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal – Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Follow the link above to download a copy of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
3rd Step : Finalize the Scan with Junkware Removal Tool
Download Junkware Removal Tool – Removes adware, hijacker, and toolbars.
1. Click on the link above to start downloading Junkware Removal Tool. Save the file on your Desktop.
2. Shut down running programs particularly Internet browser that is affected by PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp.
3. Locate Junkware Removal Tool file and double-click to run it.
4. It needs to check remote server and download necessary update that is essential in removing adware or malware.
5. Afterwards, the tool will backup essential files and Windows registry.
6. Lastly, Junkware Removal Tool will begin on scanning your computer for presence of PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp and any other threats. All identified threats will be automatically deleted. Log file will then be created for your reference after the scan.