|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||February 8, 2017|
|Updated:||February 8, 2017|
Ultimate Shopping Search browser extension will get installed on the computer without user’s consent. This is precisely the reason why it was named as potentially unwanted program or PUP. As you surf the net, Ultimate Shopping Search may annoy you displaying advertisements and occasional browser redirects. There are also times that unwanted add-on such as this can manipulate certain settings on the browser.
It is usually by accident that Ultimate Shopping Search gets inside the computer system. Users are just a victim of malicious programs bundled into one attractive piece of product. Normally, they will disguise as important freeware, software update, or media player. Once said program is installed, other hidden files and nasty add-on like Ultimate Shopping Search is also get loaded not specific to computer user.
About Ultimate Shopping Search (from ultimateshoppingsearch.com)
The Ultimate Shopping Search extension gives you a better search experience when you are searching on the web to find exactly what you are looking for. The extension provides shop recommendations for your taste, based on what you search for.
Existence of Ultimate Shopping Search inside Mozilla Firefox or any other browser program implies that something is wrong with the computer. It is due to adware presence that have managed to sneak into the system and installed Ultimate Shopping Search without asking for user’s permission.
Technically speaking, Ultimate Shopping Search acts as conveyor for a number of advertisements to show up on your browser. It appends configuration on your Internet application in order to implicate payload such as pop-up ads as well as browser redirection. The sole purpose of Ultimate Shopping Search is to deliver ads and endorse products that greatly benefit its authors. In short, the subject is a profit-generating extension.
Displaying ads is not the only function of Ultimate Shopping Search. It may also track web browsing activities on compromised computer. This junkware will record visited web sites and other sensitive information which is generated as a report to be sent to adware author.
ultimateshoppingsearch.com web site is currently not listed as dangerous under Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Over the past 90 days, no dangerous content was found on this site.
How to remove Ultimate Shopping Search from the computer?
Before we start with Ultimate Shopping Search removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove Ultimate Shopping Search from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Use Junkware Removal Tool to Scan and Remove Ultimate Shopping Search
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool. Please follow the given link above.
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with Ultimate Shopping Search.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing Ultimate Shopping Search.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
2nd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Follow the link above to download a copy of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for Ultimate Shopping Search items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and Ultimate Shopping Search files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from Ultimate Shopping Search adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
Optional : Remove Ultimate Shopping Search Manually Using Add/Remove Programs
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of Ultimate Shopping Search even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Ultimate Shopping Search from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Ultimate Shopping Search from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Ultimate Shopping Search from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Ultimate Shopping Search and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When Ultimate Shopping Search is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
More Scanners to Help you Remove Ultimate Shopping Search
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes Ultimate Shopping Search files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for Ultimate Shopping Search relevant threats.
Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever Ultimate Shopping Search was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete Ultimate Shopping Search from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Ultimate Shopping Search entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove Ultimate Shopping Search from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Ultimate Shopping Search and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall Ultimate Shopping Search from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Ultimate Shopping Search items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove Ultimate Shopping Search from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.