|Type:||Fake Technical Support|
|Reported:||September 22, 2015|
|Updated:||September 22, 2015|
Essentials-security-alert.com is a clear example of fake Technical Support Website. It will display bogus warnings and alerts about troubles presently bugging your computer. There are times that sub domains were used to represent a clean and nice looking web page for its online services to fix ailing computer. Same with Registry-failure-alert.com and Error-alert-page.com, the primary goal of Essentials-security-alert.com is to deceive people in order to compel them into calling Technical Support number like 1-844-209-0680. Most people who avail of the services rendered by Essentials-security-alert.com considered the paid assistance as rip off.
Redirecting or seeing Essentials-security-alert.com on your web browser program like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox doesn’t necessary mean that computer is infected with a virus. The redirect may occur when you visit a web site that was put-up for malicious intent. Although, there are still chances that some web browsers who are redirected to Essentials-security-alert.com are affected by malware. This has to be determined by running various anti-malware and anti-malware scans on the system.
Screen shot image of Essentials-security-alert.com:
Scammers have found other way to steal money from Internet users by acting as if they are legitimate online technical support specialist. In order to get hold of patron, these online fraudsters are issuing various fake alerts and diagnostics through malicious web sites such as Essentials-security-alert.com. A bunch of adware, including freeware and shareware were also used to modify browser settings so that it makes a forceful visit to fake technical support web site like Essentials-security-alert.com.
Aside from targeting web browsers, cyber criminals are also investing to dozens of web sites that are prepared to make a redirect to Essentials-security-alert.com when visitors interact with it. Either way, when you bumped into Essentials-security-alert.com, we highly suggest closing the page and avoid clicking on any buttons. Immediately run an anti-virus scan to remove any malware if Essentials-security-alert.com or related web sites have managed to drop one on your PC.
Essentials-security-alert.com Removal Guide
You should first PRINT this removal guide as reference. A hard copy version may help you keep on track of the procedures even if scanners have prompted you to restart Windows operating system.
Unwanted programs or also known as adware typically gains access through the help of another malicious application. This guide in particular is not only meant to remove Essentials-security-alert.com. The aim is also to remove additional adware and malware from the computer.
1st Step : Use Malwarebytes Anti-malware to remove Essentials-security-alert.com
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Download Link] - Scans and removes Essentials-security-alert.com files and registry entries.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware from the link specified above.
2. Install the program with the default configuration. Please do not change any settings during Malwarebytes Anti-malware installation process. We need all the functions to work properly to effectively remove Essentials-security-alert.com.
3. The process should include database update. If not, please manually update Malwarebytes Anti-malware from the console itself.
4. Run a full scan of Malwarebytes Anti-malware. This may take a while.
5. When done scanning the computer, remove all identified threats to ensure that Essentials-security-alert.com and all relevant files are eliminated from the system.
6. Restart the computer if it prompts you.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove Essentials-security-alert.com with JRT
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) [Download Link] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. Click on the link above to start downloading Junkware Removal Tool. Remember where you wil be saving the file.
2. Cease all opened programs especially Internet browser that is affected by Essentials-security-alert.com.
3. Locate the directory where you have saved Junkware Removal Tool. Double-click on the JRT.exe file to run it.
4. Junkware Removal Too needs to download important update that is vital in getting rid of Essentials-security-alert.com.
5. After downloading updates, Junkware Removal Tool will backup critical files and Windows registry.
6. Then, the tool will scan the computer to check for any malware presence. Any identified threats will be deleted automatically by Junkware Removal Tool. You can view provided scan logs to see all changes it has carried out during the scan.
3rd Step : Remove PUP's from the Computer with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Link] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars, and browser add-ons.
1. Click on the download link above to obtain Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. After downloading the file, double-click to run BDPUARLauncher tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will start scanning the computer and check for signs of Essentials-security-alert.com. This program may also detect other adware.
4. After thoroughly scanning the computer, threats and Essentials-security-alert.com files will be listed in the result. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from Essentials-security-alert.com adware.
5. Mark all detected threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
Clean Internet Browsers and Reset the Settings
Remove Essentials-security-alert.com from Google Chrome (Reset Option)
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Essentials-security-alert.com entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove Essentials-security-alert.com from Internet Explorer (Reset Option)
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Essentials-security-alert.com and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Essentials-security-alert.com from Mozilla Firefox (Reset Option)
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Essentials-security-alert.com items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove Essentials-security-alert.com from Microsoft Edge (Reset Option)
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.