|Reported:||January 27, 2017|
|Updated:||January 27, 2017|
Coolsearch.info is a home page hijacker and redirect that is connected to adware. It was designed to occupy your default search engine and new tab as well. Presence of this adware is very evident with Coolsearch.info search bar assigned to your browser’s home page. In some instances, home page remains as it is, but when you start to search the web, browser is redirected to Coolsearch.info search result.
Behavior of Coolsearch.info when running on the computer is minimal. In fact, only affected browser will uncover the infection. Nonetheless, it is still safer to be online without the presence of this adware.
Freeware are accountable for the deployment of Coolsearch.info browser hijacker. These are widespread programs masquerading as software patch, free games, download tools, and many more. Bundling is the right term to describe how a bunch of adware is packed into one file. In other words, downloading and installing freeware similarly giving Coolsearch.info an access to your computer.
Most experts in computer security do not consider Coolsearch.info as a virus. Instead, it was position to be in potentially unwanted program (PUP) group. It does not have a mechanism in which it spreads and infects other files. Coolsearch.info is limited only to affix itself on the browser. Another focus of this adware is to serve advertisements and be moneymaking software.
Once running on the computer, home page is assigned to use Coolsearch.info as default search bar. Search engine is also dominated by this adware. The difference between legitimate search engine and Coolsearch.info is very obvious. Unwanted search produces search results that are polluted with referral links. This is part of their advertising scheme. It forces users to visit website of its clients, an equivalent of referral traffic.
Coolsearch.info works with hundreds of nameless companies aiming to promote their products using unwanted browser redirection. This involuntary visit to unknown sites can lead to malware and virus infection. So be alert and stay away from links that came from Coolsearch.info search.
Coolsearch.info web site is currently not listed as dangerous under Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Over the past 90 days, no dangerous content was found on this site.
Follow these steps to remove Coolsearch.info
To effectively remove potentially unwanted program like Coolsearch.info from your computer, you need to execute the procedures as presented. Take note that it is important to scan the system fully with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and security software. Computer security tools we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we start with Coolsearch.info removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
1st Step : Uninstall Coolsearch.info
Most adware are installed the same way common programs are setup on Windows system. If Coolsearch.info entry is present on Add/Remove programs of Windows, uninstalling the program is very much advised.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Coolsearch.info from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Coolsearch.info from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Coolsearch.info from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Coolsearch.info and then click Change/Remove.
Note: There are times that adware may be using unknown name to conceal its existence, thus you may not be able to see Coolsearch.info on the list of installed programs. In this case, please arrange the list chronologically showing the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove Coolsearch.info with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. Double-click on JRT.EXE once downloaded to run the tool.
2. It may take a minute for Junkware Removal Tool to check and download necessary updates, please be patient. Next, the tool will backup Windows registry for just in case anything bad happened.
3. Junkware Removal Tool will scan the system including Start-up, Processes, Services, Files, Folders, and Registry. It automatically deletes items related to Coolsearch.info, and any other malicious files.
3rd Step : Use Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Download and install Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find Coolsearch.info files. This tool will also scans for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, Coolsearch.info files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of Coolsearch.info adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Double-Check for Presence of Coolsearch.info with ESET Online Virus Scanner
ESET Online Virus Scanner [Scan Now] - To run this tool, you will need to download and run browser plug-in.
1. Click on the link above to browse Online Virus Scanner from ESET web site.
2. You must 'Agree' to the Terms and Conditions in order to use this tool and help get rid of Coolsearch.info.
3. If this is the first time you are running ESET Online Virus Scanner, it may take a while to download signature database. Please complete the download to effectively scan and remove Coolsearch.info and other harmful objects from your PC.
Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes Coolsearch.info files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for Coolsearch.info relevant threats.
Reset and Delete Coolsearch.info from Internet Browsers
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Coolsearch.info entries.
For a much complete guide to reset Google Chrome settings, please visit this page.
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Coolsearch.info and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
See full instructions to reset the configuration of Internet Explorer.
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Coolsearch.info items.
For a detailed guide to reset Firefox settings, please click this link.