|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 15, 2017|
|Updated:||January 16, 2017|
FilmAddicted is an adware or also called potentially unwanted program (PUP). It gets installed as toolbar, search, or extension to Google Chrome and most of the time will try to inject advertisements on the context of the browser. Most people think that FilmAddicted ads are part of the web site they visited so they then to click on it more often. Without their knowledge, ads by FilmAddicted may be malicious and can point the browser to suspicious web pages.
Authors behind FilmAddicted designed the program as profit generating browser extension or add-on. It will display pop-up ads, banner ads, and browser redirect modules. Yontoo, the company behind FilmAddicted claims that they have to maximize advertising revenue in order to make this tool free to use.
About Film Addicted (from film-addicted.com)
Search movies, trailers, showtimes and reviews for FREE! All from one Chrome New Tab.
In normal situation, FilmAddicted is installed on the computer through another program or adware. It gets bundled to programs that are part of pay-per-install scheme. In most cases, users are not aware of FilmAddicted installation due to lack of information provided by the main program they prefer to download and install. This adware is installed by default as a part of standard setup. When installed properly, Chrome browser will have a default homepage of FilmAddicted Search.
To this date, security experts dubbed FilmAddicted as one kind of malware. It is integrated into the browser similar to viruses. In addition, it ads several function to the system without asking for user’s permission. FilmAddicted forces the installation of Windows Service, registry, and executable files.
Without the ability to prove itself as worthy program, FilmAddicted gains poor standing. Most computer users who came into contact with it perform immediate removal from their PC.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for film-addicted.com web site.
How to remove FilmAddicted from the computer?
Before we start with FilmAddicted removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove FilmAddicted from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Use Junkware Removal Tool to Scan and Remove FilmAddicted
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool. Please follow the given link above.
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with FilmAddicted.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing FilmAddicted.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
2nd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars or browser add-ons.
1. Follow the link above to download a copy of Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for FilmAddicted items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and FilmAddicted files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from FilmAddicted adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
Optional : Remove FilmAddicted Manually Using Add/Remove Programs
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of FilmAddicted even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select FilmAddicted from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select FilmAddicted from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for FilmAddicted from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select FilmAddicted and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When FilmAddicted is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
More Scanners to Help you Remove FilmAddicted
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes FilmAddicted files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for FilmAddicted relevant threats.
Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever FilmAddicted was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete FilmAddicted from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of FilmAddicted entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove FilmAddicted from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of FilmAddicted and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall FilmAddicted from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove FilmAddicted items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove FilmAddicted from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.