|Reported:||February 4, 2015|
|Updated:||February 4, 2015|
PCKeeper pop-up windows intend to deliver advertisements. It will promote products, online services, and other items that can generate online profit. If you are seeing PCKeeper pop-ups, it may indicate that adware or malware is present on the computer. Although, it is not confirmed yet unless your installed anti-virus programs have issued notifications about it.
People see PCKeeper pop-up as part of virus activity because of its annoying presence. Technically, pop-up, redirects, and browser hijacker are just adware-related doings. It can be taken away by cleaning browser’s cache and removing unwanted plug-in, add-on, or extension.
In order to prevent the pop-ups, some computer users resort into installing ad-blocking software. However, this kind of program may not be sufficient in getting rid of PCKeeper pop-up. The proper way to deal with this type of threat is by eliminating any junkware from the compromised PC.
Malicious files related to PCKeeper can enter the computer using various methods. Primary mean is through shareware or freeware. Installing free programs especially from unknown sources can give you PCKeeper pop-ups.
Users are mostly not aware that malicious freeware are packed with multiple adware that can modify browser as well as computer settings to pull off its main goal. Adware can integrate codes into the browser to produce PCKeeper pop-up window that many users found bothering.
PCKeeper may also appear on the clean system. The pop-up may be initiated by web page you are visiting. In that case, abstain from following the links it provided as it may cause adware infection.
How to remove PCKeeper from the computer?
PRINT this guide to have a hard copy just in case malware scanners require you to reboot the computer after the scan.
Pop-ups normally originate from the infiltration of adware programs. It did changes on the browser settings that intentionally display PCKeeper pop-up advertisements and redirects. In order to stop this exploitation on the browser, we need to get rid of the adware first.
1st Step : Uninstall PCKeeper from Windows
Uninstalling PCKeeper from the computer through 'Add/Remove Programs' area of Window's operating system is essential. This process will remove all files and registry entries associated with the adware.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select PCKeeper from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select PCKeeper from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for PCKeeper from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select PCKeeper and then click Change/Remove.
Note: In most cases, you may not easily identify malware items from Add/Remove list. This is due to deceptive scheme applied by adware maker. PCKeeper could be using other title or names to avoid removal. In this case, remove suspicious programs recently installed. Arrange the list in chronological orders being the most recent on top of the list.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove PCKeeper with Junkware Removal Tool
Junkware Removal Tool [Download Now] - Removes common adware, toolbar, and unwanted apps.
1. Begin downloading Junkware Removal Tool by following given link above. Keep the file on your Desktop or any chosen folder.
2. Shut down running programs particularly Internet browser that is affected by PCKeeper.
3. Navigate to the folder where you placed Junkware Removal Tool. Double-click on the JRT.exe file to run it.
4. The tool will have to check for necessary update that is essential in removing PCKeeper.
5. When done updating, Junkware Removal Tool will backup essential files and Windows registry.
6. Junkware Removal Tool will start on checking your computer for presence of PCKeeper and any other threats. All recognized threats will be deleted instantly. Scan log will be provided for your reference.
3rd Step : Ensure that PCKeeper is Gone with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal [Download Now] - Remove any unwanted apps, annoying toolbars, and browser add-ons.
1. Click on the download link above to obtain Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool.
2. After downloading the file, double-click to run BDPUARLauncher tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will start scanning the computer and check for signs of PCKeeper. This program may also detect other adware.
4. After thoroughly scanning the computer, threats and PCKeeper files will be listed in the result. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from PCKeeper adware.
5. Mark all detected threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
4th Step : Reset and Clean Internet Browser Programs
Remove PCKeeper from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of PCKeeper entries.
See this page for a much detailed procedures to reset Google Chrome browser.
Remove Pop-up Adware from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of PCKeeper and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
See complete guide to reset Internet Explorer.
Uninstall Pop-up Adware from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove PCKeeper items.
Full instructions to reset Mozilla Firefox settings is available on this page.
More Free Virus and Malware Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes PCKeeper files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for PCKeeper relevant threats.