|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 10, 2017|
|Updated:||January 10, 2017|
K9 MacOptimizer is endorsed as one-click cleaning tool for Macintosh-based computer. Among the features it offers are System Cleaner, Logs Cleaner, App Optimizer, Duplicate Finder, Internet Privacy and many more. What you may expect after downloading this tool is a bunch of advertisements that will show up on the browser when you surf the internet. Apart from advertisements, K9 MacOptimizer is also labeled as an adware that may steal sensitive data from your computer.
K9 MacOptimizer may appear as a practical tool that you may use to optimize the system and enhance its performance. Unknown to many Mac OS X users, K9 MacOptimizer is part of a network that spreads software and this may include potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once installed on the computer, K9 MacOptimizer may have significant effect on computer and browser. Ads by K9 MacOptimizer will appear on browser’s window and unknown search engine may occupy New Tab or Homepage of Safari and other installed browser.
About K9 MacOptimizer (from k9macoptimizer.com)
One Click Cleaning feature of K9-MacOptimizer makes the process of performing multiple cleaning tasks easy and saves you time.
Presence of K9 MacOptimizer may mean that computer is threatened with possible malware infection. This may not be the only danger which victims need to address. K9 MacOptimizer may also come bundled with other adware and junkware. These additional programs get installed on the system without asking for user’s approval.
With the existence of K9 MacOptimizer, browser will display unwanted advertisements. It will also produce certain browser redirect issue occasionally. Furthermore, code embedded on the computer may give K9 MacOptimizer some freedom to watch on user’s online activities. It can monitor visited pages, search key words, and other useful online data.
The program may be promoted as valid software but most users didn’t realize is that it belongs to a family of malicious program. Your Mac system can be at risk during the presence of K9 MacOptimizer. Security experts suggest the removal of this adware.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for k9macoptimizer.com web site.
How to remove K9 MacOptimizer from the computer?
To effectively remove K9 MacOptimizer from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit K9 MacOptimizer
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select K9 MacOptimizer and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove K9 MacOptimizer with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac [Download Now] - Free your Mac from annoying adware.
- Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
- This step should automatically removed K9 MacOptimizer from the system. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of the adware, please proceed with the next step.
Uninstall K9 MacOptimizer browser extension
1. Uninstall K9 MacOptimizer extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for K9 MacOptimizer and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select K9 MacOptimizer and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find K9 MacOptimizer from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of K9 MacOptimizer extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete K9 MacOptimizer file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word K9 MacOptimizer and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for K9 MacOptimizer and drag it to Trash.