Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free computer security tool for Windows operating system. It was developed by Microsoft to eliminate viruses, malware, adware, and other threats from the PC. As a simple virus removal tool, Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a substitute for your anti-virus application.
This free yet effective security tool is useful in providing on-demand scanning and helps get rid of threats that have entered your computer system. It is a light tool that can work alongside with your installed security program. Microsoft Safety Scanner doesn’t have a protection element therefore it will never clash with current anti-virus or anti-malware providing security on your PC.
Please note that Microsoft Safety Scanner will expire in 10 working days after being downloaded. It is constantly updated with recent definition updates so users normally obtain a revised and effective copy of Microsoft Safety Scanner on every download.
More on Microsoft Safety Scanner
Supported Systems: Windows Vista / 7, Windows XP
Download Link: Get Microsoft Safety Scanner
How to Use Microsoft Safety Scanner
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link provided above.
2. Run the msert.exe file when finished downloading.
3. End user license agreement is the first window that will show up from this program. Click on Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement. Then, click Next.
4. Go on with the procedures until you see the portion where Microsoft Safety Scanner prompts you to Choose for a type of scan. Select Full scan and then click Next.
5. Microsoft Safety Scanner will thoroughly scan the computer. This may take a few minutes to complete.
6. Once done scanning the computer, Microsoft Safety Scanner will display scan results. Be sure that all detected threats are removed before closing this program.