Microsoft Security Essentials is a free virus and malware removal tool from Microsoft. This program features a simple and easy-to-use interface that doesn’t need technical know-how to run. All functions of Microsoft Security Essentials are neatly tabbed into different areas so that user can have control on individual settings without any hassle.
When running a scan on the computer, Microsoft Security Essentials makes sure that user has the ability to check the computer in different levels. You can choose from Quick, Full, or Customizable based on your requirements. Scheduled scan can also be set through the configuration area to find and remove malicious programs when computer is not in use.
Though Microsoft Security Essentials is the first stand-alone security program from this company, we are very confident that it can compete side-by-side with known security products. In fact, it has an advantage of integration to certain Windows function such as Windows Explorer, Windows Firewall, and System Restore.
More on Microsoft Security Essentials
Supported Systems: Windows Vista / 7
Download Link: Get Microsoft Security Essentials
How to Use Microsoft Security Essentials
1. Download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link given above.
2. When done downloading the file, run it to begin installation wizard.
3. First to appear is the Welcome Screen containing brief description about the program. Click Next button.
4. On the next screen, please agree to the license terms by clicking on I Accept.
5. Continue with the installation process until Microsoft Security Essentials is fully installed on the system.
6. Final screen will appear once installation have finished. Make sure that “Scan my computer for potential threats after getting the latest updates” is enabled. Click Finish to download necessary updates.
7. It may take a while before Microsoft Security Essentials can fully download all the updates. Please let the download process to finish.
8. Immediately after downloading updates, Microsoft Security Essentials will begin to scan the computer and checks for virus and malware presence.
9. The tool will display scan result and prompts you to remove threats when found.