|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||February 7, 2016|
|Updated:||February 11, 2016|
Goldraiven is endorsed as a file downloader that also helps you install software without any hassle. What you may expect after downloading this tool is a bunch of advertisements that will show up on the browser when you surf the internet. Apart from advertisements, Goldraiven is also labeled as an adware that may steal sensitive data from your computer.
Goldraiven may appear as a practical tool that you may use for downloading and installing applications. Unknown to many Mac OS X users, Goldraiven is part of a network that spreads software and this may include potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once installed on the computer, Goldraiven may have significant effect on Safari browser. Ads by Goldraiven will appear on browser’s window and unknown search engine may occupy New Tab or Homepage of Safari and other installed browser.
About Goldraiven (from goldraiven.com)
Goldraiven is a network specializing in Mac software distribution, from download to successful installation, and as such, offering a better way for you to reach the Mac software community.
Presence of Goldraiven may mean that computer is threatened with possible malware infection. This may not be the only danger which victims need to address. Goldraiven may also come bundled with other adware and junkware. These additional programs get installed on the system without asking for user’s approval.
With the existence of Goldraiven, browser will display unwanted advertisements. It will also produce certain browser redirect issue occasionally. Furthermore, code embedded on the computer may give Goldraiven some freedom to watch on user’s online activities. It can monitor visited pages, search key words, and other useful online data.
The program may be promoted as valid software but most users didn’t realize is that it belongs to a family of malicious program. Your Mac system can be at risk during the presence of Goldraiven. Security experts suggest the removal of this adware.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for Goldraiven.com web site.
How to remove Goldraiven?
To effectively remove Goldraiven from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Goldraiven
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Goldraiven and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Goldraiven with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac from official website. [Download Now]
2. Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
3. On the main console, click on Search for Adware.
4. Remove all threats after the scan. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of Goldraiven, please proceed to the next step.
Uninstall Goldraiven browser extension
1. Uninstall Goldraiven extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Goldraiven and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Goldraiven and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Goldraiven from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Goldraiven extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Goldraiven file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Goldraiven and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Goldraiven and drag it to Trash.
Scan Again with with Anti-malware Tool
1. Download the most recent version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. [Download Now]
2. Double-click to open the .Dmg file and drag the program onto Applications folder to install.
3. Run the anti-malware tool.
4. Click Scan to start checking the computer for items related to Goldraiven and other malware.
5. After scanning the computer, the tool will issue a list of detected threats.
6. Click on Remove Selected Items to start deleting all identified threats.