|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||November 15, 2015|
|Updated:||November 21, 2015|
Listchack ads will appear on the computer if relevant browser extension was installed. It is promoted as software to watch and listen to your favorite online content. What comes with this tool is Listchack ad that annoys most users. Listchack extension delivers advertisements by injecting it into the context of the page.
Listchack may seem as valid browser plug-in, but be prepare of the consequences when installing it. Adware always has a negative impact that is why it often offered without a cost. Aside from advertisements, Listchack may also steal data from the computer that can lead to identity theft.
About Listchack (from listchack.com)
Find, download and install free Mac applications Listchack makes your Mac experience on the web efficient and fun! We provide you with the best search results and the easiest way to find, download and install free Mac applications from the internet.
Presence of Listchack may mean that computer is threatened with possible malware infection. This may not be the only danger which victims need to address. Listchack may also come bundled with other adware and junkware. These additional programs get installed on the system without asking for user’s approval.
With the existence of Listchack, browser will display unwanted advertisements. It will also produce certain browser redirect issue occasionally. Furthermore, code embedded on the computer may give Listchack some freedom to watch on user’s online activities. It can monitor visited pages, search key words, and other useful online data.
The program may be promoted as valid software but most users didn’t realize is that it belongs to a family of malicious program. Your Mac system can be at risk during the presence of Listchack. Security experts suggest the removal of this adware.
Listchack.com web site is currently not listed as dangerous under Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Over the past 90 days, no dangerous content was found on this site.
How to remove Listchack?
To effectively remove Listchack from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Listchack
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Listchack and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Listchack with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac from official website. [Download Now]
2. Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
3. On the main console, click on Search for Adware.
4. Remove all threats after the scan. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of Listchack, please proceed to the next step.
Uninstall Listchack browser extension
1. Uninstall Listchack extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Listchack and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Listchack and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Listchack from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Listchack extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Listchack file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Listchack and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Listchack and drag it to Trash.
Scan Again with with Anti-malware Tool
1. Download the most recent version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. [Download Now]
2. Double-click to open the .Dmg file and drag the program onto Applications folder to install.
3. Run the anti-malware tool.
4. Click Scan to start checking the computer for items related to Listchack and other malware.
5. After scanning the computer, the tool will issue a list of detected threats.
6. Click on Remove Selected Items to start deleting all identified threats.