|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||December 28, 2015|
|Updated:||December 28, 2015|
Local Maps Access browser extension will get installed on the computer without user’s consent. This is precisely the reason why it was named as potentially unwanted program or PUP. As you surf the net, Local Maps Access may annoy you with pop-up advertisements and occasional browser redirects. There are also times that unwanted add-on such as this can manipulate certain settings on the browser.
It is usually by accident that Local Maps Access gets inside the computer system. Users are just a victim of malicious programs bundled into one attractive piece of product. Normally, they will disguise as important freeware, software update, or media player. Once said program is installed, other hidden files and nasty add-on like Local Maps Access is also get loaded not specific to computer user.
About Local Maps Access (from localmapsaccess.com)
Easily search maps and satellite images, and instantly get map driving directions. Avoid heavy traffic by using the live traffic report to see busy roads or highways.
Existence of Local Maps Access inside Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or any other browser program implies that something is wrong with the computer. It is due to adware presence that have managed to sneak into the system and installed Local Maps Access without asking for user’s permission.
Technically speaking, Local Maps Access acts as conveyor for a number of advertisements to show up on your browser. It appends configuration on your Internet application in order to implicate payload such as pop-up ads as well as browser redirection. The sole purpose of Local Maps Access is to deliver ads and endorse products that greatly benefit its authors. In short, the subject is a profit-generating extension.
Displaying ads is not the only function of Local Maps Access. It may also track web browsing activities on compromised computer. This junkware will record visited web sites and other sensitive information which is generated as a report to be sent to adware author.
Google Safe Browsing currently has no data available for localmapsaccess.com web site.
Free Removal Tool for Local Maps Access
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "Local Maps Access". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove Local Maps Access including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
Local Maps Access Systematic Removal Guide
Before we start with Local Maps Access systematic removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove Local Maps Access from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Uninstall Local Maps Access from Windows
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of Local Maps Access even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Local Maps Access from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Local Maps Access from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Local Maps Access from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Local Maps Access and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When Local Maps Access is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
2nd Step : Scan the Computer with JRT
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool from this link. [Download Now]
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with Local Maps Access.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing Local Maps Access.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
3rd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Follow the link to download the tool from Bitdefender. [Download Now]
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for Local Maps Access items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and Local Maps Access files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from Local Maps Access adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
4th Step : More Scanners to Help you Remove Local Maps Access
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes Local Maps Access files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for Local Maps Access relevant threats.
5th Step : Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever Local Maps Access was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete Local Maps Access from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Local Maps Access entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove Local Maps Access from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Local Maps Access and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall Local Maps Access from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Local Maps Access items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove Local Maps Access from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.