|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||March 2, 2018|
|Updated:||March 2, 2018|
NewTab_searchsmart is a questionable browser extension. Official web site professes that it provides fast, easy and convenient online search results right from homepage and new tab. Even with this great offer, computer security experts are not convinced that NewTab_searchsmart is a clean program. It is still probable that it has nasty intention once installed on the browser.
To prove that NewTab_searchsmart is a shaky type of extension, see for yourself that upon installing it, homepage will endure with hijacking issues. Not only that, Search.searchsmart.bid would grab the position of the default search engine. Generally, total dominance of NewTab_searchsmart towards Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari mean to drive a number of advertising schemes. Therefore, expect some flaws on your browser during the existence of NewTab_searchsmart.
About NewTab_searchsmart (from searchsmart.bid)
Searchsmart helps provide quick, easy and convenient search results for your everyday needs. Whether you’re looking for localized results, images, videos or news searchsmart is your place.
Software bundles are the main avenue for distribution of potentially unwanted program like NewTab_searchsmart. This intrusive method to access internet application by means of another program is one thing that most computer users cannot bear. In truth, some user may recognize NewTab_searchsmart as computer virus. Though, it is technically categorized as adware or ad-supported software.
There is no concrete data that NewTab_searchsmart is as dangerous as computer virus as claimed by a number of security websites. It has no proven direct damage to system files and executable objects. NewTab_searchsmart only targets browser programs. Having said that, we still do not recommend using this insignificant browser extension. Therefore, we tailored systematic steps to properly remove NewTab_searchsmart from the computer.
Free Removal Tool for NewTab_searchsmart
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "NewTab_searchsmart". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove NewTab_searchsmart including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
NewTab_searchsmart Systematic Removal Guide
Before we start with NewTab_searchsmart systematic removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove NewTab_searchsmart from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Uninstall NewTab_searchsmart from Windows
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of NewTab_searchsmart even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select NewTab_searchsmart from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select NewTab_searchsmart from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for NewTab_searchsmart from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select NewTab_searchsmart and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When NewTab_searchsmart is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
2nd Step : Scan the Computer with JRT
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool from this link. [Download Now]
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with NewTab_searchsmart.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing NewTab_searchsmart.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
3rd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Follow the link to download the tool from Bitdefender. [Download Now]
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for NewTab_searchsmart items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and NewTab_searchsmart files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from NewTab_searchsmart adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
4th Step : More Scanners to Help you Remove NewTab_searchsmart
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes NewTab_searchsmart files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for NewTab_searchsmart relevant threats.
5th Step : Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever NewTab_searchsmart was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete NewTab_searchsmart from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of NewTab_searchsmart entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove NewTab_searchsmart from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of NewTab_searchsmart and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall NewTab_searchsmart from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove NewTab_searchsmart items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove NewTab_searchsmart from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.