|Reported:||May 18, 2015|
|Updated:||July 12, 2015|
Couponcheapchea is promoted as a browser add-on that helps computer users obtain instant promos and discount coupons. To some users, this thing can be helpful especially if they are into online shopping. However, some user who are not keen to Couponcheapchea, find this browser extension as a thing that they need to remove from the PC. Some even consider it as virus or malware.
The main objective of Couponcheapchea is to gain online profit. To achieve it, the adware must generate clicks through ads that it will display on your browser. Authors find a way to do it by simply integrating codes into the browser known as Couponcheapchea extension. With this script, the adware can insert ads into the context of a web page.
If Couponcheapchea is present on your computer, it only means that potentially unwanted program manages to gain an access into it. This PUP is the sole culprit for the installation of Couponcheapchea and other adware that may exists on the computer without your knowledge. Aside from installing unknown applications, you may also observe other things like toolbar, home page hijacker, and unwanted search engine.
Presence of Couponcheapchea is not limited to a display of excessive ads only. This adware constantly monitors your web browsing activity and records sensitive information it may sense. Couponcheapchea also drops affiliates Internet cookies so that advertisers may be able to track any data with regards to its advertising scheme.
Every now and then, Couponcheapchea will connect to its remote server to upload gathered information that may include number of clicks, visited pages, accessed web sites, and other relevant data.
Free Removal Tool for Couponcheapchea
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "Couponcheapchea". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove Couponcheapchea including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
How to remove Couponcheapchea step-by-step?
As another means to get rid of Couponcheapchea from your computer, please follow the removal procedures below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we proceed, you may want to PRINT this procedure. During Couponcheapchea removal process, some tools may require restarting the computer.
1st Step : Uninstall Couponcheapchea from Windows
You can also uninstall Couponcheapchea from the computer through 'Add/Remove Programs' area of Window's operating system. Cleaning your browser from unwanted add-on, extension, and plug-in is also essential in dealing with Couponcheapchea adware.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Couponcheapchea from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Couponcheapchea from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Couponcheapchea from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Couponcheapchea and then click Change/Remove.
Note: If Couponcheapchea is not present on the list of installed applications, it might be using a unique title. Arrange the list chronologically with the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan the Computer with JRT
1. Click on the link to start downloading Junkware Removal Tool. [Download Now]
2. Before running the tool, please close all opened programs especially Internet browsers that are infected with Couponcheapchea.
3. During initialization, Junkware Removal Tool will check and download necessary update that is essential in removing Couponcheapchea.
4. After that, the tool will create a backup of vital files including Windows registry.
5. Junkware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer for any malicious items and automatically deletes them. Log file will be created for your assessment.
3rd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download and install the tool from Bitdefender. [Download Now]
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find Couponcheapchea files. This tool will also scan the system for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, Couponcheapchea files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of Couponcheapchea adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Reset and Clean your Internet Browsers
Adware such as Couponcheapchea rarely affects the browser as a whole. It may drop unwanted extension; however, scanners will be able to remove it. After executing the procedures above and adware is still present on internet browser application, please proceed with the steps below. This will reset your browser to previous clean state.
Delete Couponcheapchea from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Couponcheapchea entries. For a more detailed instructions to reset Google Chrome settings, please visit this page.
Remove Couponcheapchea from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Couponcheapchea and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes. See this page for a much detailed instructions on resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall Couponcheapchea from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Couponcheapchea items. Complete guide to reset Firefox is also available for novice users.
Remove Couponcheapchea from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Download Link] - Scans and removes Couponcheapchea files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Download Link] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Download Link] - Advance cleaner for Couponcheapchea relevant threats.