|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||October 13, 2017|
|Updated:||October 16, 2017|
Josepov is endorsed as a file downloader that also helps you install software without any hassle. What you may expect after downloading this tool is a bunch of advertisements that will show up on the browser when you surf the internet. Apart from advertisements, Josepov is also labeled as an adware that may steal sensitive data from your computer.
Josepov may appear as a practical tool that you may use for downloading and installing applications. Unknown to many Mac OS users, Josepov is part of a network that spreads software and this may include potentially unwanted program (PUP). Once installed on the computer, Josepov may have significant effect on Safari browser. Ads by Josepov will appear on browser’s window and unknown search engine may occupy New Tab or Homepage of Safari and other installed browser.
About Josepov (from josepov.com)
Josepov is a network specializing in Mac software distribution, from download to successful installation, and as such, offering a better way for you to reach the Mac software community. Whether you’re a Mac software developer or distributor, Josepov’s optimal solution will help you get the results you’re looking for, providing you with detailed insights into the installation process and better engagement with your audience, leading to higher revenues.
Presence of Josepov may mean that computer is threatened with possible malware infection. This may not be the only danger which victims need to address. Josepov may also come bundled with other adware and junkware. These additional programs get installed on the system without asking for user’s approval.
With the existence of Josepov, browser will display unwanted advertisements. It will also produce certain browser redirect issue occasionally. Furthermore, code embedded on the computer may give Josepov some freedom to watch on user’s online activities. It can monitor visited pages, search key words, and other useful online data.
The program may be promoted as valid software but most users didn’t realize is that it belongs to a family of malicious program. Your Mac system can be at risk during the presence of Josepov. Security experts suggest the removal of this adware.
How to remove Josepov?
To effectively remove Josepov from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Josepov
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Josepov and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Josepov with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac from official website. [Download Now]
2. Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
3. On the main console, click on Search for Adware.
4. Remove all threats after the scan. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of Josepov, please proceed to the next step.
Uninstall Josepov browser extension
1. Uninstall Josepov extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Josepov and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Josepov and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Josepov from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Josepov extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Josepov file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Josepov and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Josepov and drag it to Trash.
Scan Again with with Anti-malware Tool
1. Download the most recent version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. [Download Now]
2. Double-click to open the .Dmg file and drag the program onto Applications folder to install.
3. Run the anti-malware tool.
4. Click Scan to start checking the computer for items related to Josepov and other malware.
5. After scanning the computer, the tool will issue a list of detected threats.
6. Click on Remove Selected Items to start deleting all identified threats.