|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||July 5, 2015|
|Updated:||July 10, 2015|
PortalMore is another junkware or malware issued by cyber crooks to enter the PC without taking permission from computer users. This malicious program aims to attack known browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. By using freeware and shareware apps, authors can freely and quickly distribute a copy of PortalMore onto computers which as online. Normally, computer users are not aware of its existence until web browsers are seriously affected by pop-up ads and browser redirect problems.
PortalMore is known to bring annoyances once installed on the computer. It generates pop-up ads and other forms of online promotional tool by getting codes from its own sources. Exploiting system security flaws is also one thing that PortalMore can do during its existence. For this reason, it is not safe to install PortalMore. We highly advise quick removal of this unwanted program.
About PortalMore (from portalmore.com)
Get more out of browsing – PortalMore.
When PortalMore manages to enter your computer system, it means that you may have installed another malicious program that also causes this adware to be loaded. It presence can also by means of malicious links you have clicked which initiates the concealed installation of PortalMore.
Displaying pop-up ads and browser redirect issues are just some annoyance that PortalMore can cause on your affected browser. This adware was also designed to gather sensitive data. It monitors how you use your browser, web site you visits, and key words you have typed. All of these gathered data are very crucial on how it can display relevant ads.
There are several programs which are very similar to PortalMore that also came from Superweb and serves same purpose. These applications that you must avoid includes variants like Window Web and Dig Deep.
How to Remove PortalMore?
It is recommended to PRINT this removal guide for your reference. During PortalMore removal process, some tools may require you to reboot Windows. Having a hard copy can help you keep track on the procedures.
To effectively remove PortalMore from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
1st Step : Uninstall PortalMore from Windows
You can also uninstall PortalMore from the computer through 'Add/Remove Programs' area of Window's operating system. Cleaning your browser from unwanted add-on, extension, and plug-in is also essential in dealing with PortalMore adware.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select PortalMore from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select PortalMore from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for PortalMore from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select PortalMore and then click Change/Remove.
Note: If PortalMore is not present on the list of installed applications, it might be using a unique title. Arrange the list chronologically with the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove PortalMore with JRT
1. Get Junkware Removal Tool. [Download Now]
2. Double-click on JRT.EXE once downloaded to run the tool.
3. Allow a couple of minutes for Junkware Removal Tool to check and download necessary updates. It also needs to backup Windows registry.
4. You do not need to do anything. Junkware Removal Tool will scan the system including Start-up, Processes, Services, Files, Folders, and Registry. It automatically deletes items related to PortalMore, and any other malicious files.
3rd Step : Run Another Scan with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Click on the download link to obtain the tool from Bitdefender website. [Download Now]
2. After downloading the file, double-click to run BDPUARLauncher tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will start scanning the computer and check for signs of PortalMore. This program may also detect other adware.
4. After thoroughly scanning the computer, threats and PortalMore files will be listed in the result. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from PortalMore adware.
5. Mark all detected threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
4th Step : Run ESET Online Virus Scanner
1. Click on the link to browse the Online Scanner website. [Scan Now]
2. You must 'Agree' to the Terms and Conditions in order to use this tool and help get rid of PortalMore.
3. If this is the first time you are running ESET Online Virus Scanner, it may take a while to download signature database. Please complete the download to effectively scan and remove PortalMore and other harmful objects from your PC.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes PortalMore files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for PortalMore relevant threats.
6th Step : Reset and Delete PortalMore from Internet Browsers
Remove Adware from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of PortalMore entries.
Delete PortalMore from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of PortalMore and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
Uninstall Malicious Apps from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove PortalMore items.