|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 9, 2018|
|Updated:||January 9, 2018|
SportCenter Search is an adware or potentially unwanted program that is known to be ad-driven. It injects various advertising module to the context of a web browser when code of this adware is installed. Typically, SportCenter Search will get installed as browser add-on or extension. It starts as browser helper object (BHO) so it doesn’t need manual initialization.
There are various variants of SportCenter Search. In fact, each is just a reproduction with obvious changes on title. People behind the adware make each version unique by publishing distinctive web sites showing its own slogan.
About SportCenter Search (from playmediacenter.com)
Easily keep up to date with sport TV channels and search the web with sportCenter Search online. This extension configures your default search sportCenter Search to provide these features.
Shareware or freeware are used to deploy SportCenter Search and other similar adware. It is installed together with promoted programs that can be in the form of media player, games, or tools. It doesn’t matter where you may obtain the software. Popular sites, normal web pages, and even unknown location may carry software bundled with SportCenter Search. Scheme known as pay-per-install were used to display this adware, thus software developers likely earn by embedding SportCenter Search onto their free programs.
Following the successful installation of SportCenter Search are excessive pop-up ads. It may show banner ads, sidebar ads, and inline text ads which as all injected on browser’s context. In addition, SportCenter Search consistently monitors web browsing activity on the computer which may later lead to identity theft. It records web sites you visits, keywords used during search, and any sensitive data like user name, IP address, and hardware data.
Free Removal Tool for SportCenter Search
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "SportCenter Search". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove SportCenter Search including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
SportCenter Search Systematic Removal Guide
To effectively remove potentially unwanted program like SportCenter Search from your computer, you need to execute the procedures as presented. Take note that it is important to scan the system fully with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and security software. Computer security tools we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we start with SportCenter Search removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
1st Step : Uninstall SportCenter Search
Most adware are installed the same way common programs are setup on Windows system. If SportCenter Search entry is present on Add/Remove programs of Windows, uninstalling the program is very much advised.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select SportCenter Search from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select SportCenter Search from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for SportCenter Search from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select SportCenter Search and then click Change/Remove.
Note: There are times that adware may be using unknown name to conceal its existence, thus you may not be able to see SportCenter Search on the list of installed programs. In this case, please arrange the list chronologically showing the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove SportCenter Search with JRT
1. Download Junkware Removal Tool from the given link. [Download Now]
2. Double-click on JRT.EXE once downloaded to run the tool.
3. It may take a minute for Junkware Removal Tool to check and download necessary updates, please be patient. Next, the tool will backup Windows registry for just in case anything bad happened.
4. Junkware Removal Tool will scan the system including Start-up, Processes, Services, Files, Folders, and Registry. It automatically deletes items related to SportCenter Search, and any other malicious files.
3rd Step : Use Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download the tool from official website. [Download Now]
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find SportCenter Search files. This tool will also scans for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, SportCenter Search files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of SportCenter Search adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Double-Check for Presence of SportCenter Search with ESET Online Virus Scanner
1. Click on the link to browse Online Scanner. [Scan Now]
2. You must 'Agree' to the Terms and Conditions in order to use this tool and help get rid of SportCenter Search.
3. If this is the first time you are running ESET Online Virus Scanner, it may take a while to download signature database. Please complete the download to effectively scan and remove SportCenter Search and other harmful objects from your PC.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes SportCenter Search files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for SportCenter Search relevant threats.
6th Step : Reset and Delete SportCenter Search from Internet Browsers
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of SportCenter Search entries.
For a much complete guide to reset Google Chrome settings, please visit this page.
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of SportCenter Search and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
See full instructions to reset the configuration of Internet Explorer.
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove SportCenter Search items.
For a detailed guide to reset Firefox settings, please click this link.