|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||October 16, 2017|
|Updated:||October 16, 2017|
VideoApp Search is an adware or potentially unwanted program that is known to be ad-driven. It injects various advertising module to the context of a web browser when code of this adware is installed. Typically, VideoApp Search will get installed as browser add-on or extension. It starts as browser helper object (BHO) so it doesn’t need manual initialization. There are various variants of VideoApp Search. In fact, each is just a reproduction with obvious changes on title. People behind the adware make each version unique by publishing distinctive web sites showing its own slogan.
About VideoApp Search
This extension configures your Default Search in Chrome browser to provide these features. Add videoApp Search and get more from your browser. Just type ‘m’ then TAB then search the query and get the results you’re searching.
Shareware or freeware are used to deploy VideoApp Search and other similar adware. It is installed together with promoted programs that can be in the form of media player, games, or tools. It doesn’t matter where you may obtain the software. Popular sites, normal web pages, and even unknown location may carry software bundled with VideoApp Search. Scheme known as pay-per-install were used to display this adware, thus software developers likely earn by embedding VideoApp Search onto their free programs.
Following the successful installation of VideoApp Search are excessive pop-up ads. It may show banner ads, sidebar ads, and inline text ads which as all injected on browser’s context. In addition, VideoApp Search consistently monitors web browsing activity on the computer which may later lead to identity theft. It records web sites you visits, keywords used during search, and any sensitive data like user name, IP address, and hardware data.
Free Removal Tool for VideoApp Search
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "VideoApp Search". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove VideoApp Search including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
VideoApp Search Systematic Removal Guide
Before we start with VideoApp Search systematic removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
Complete the procedures as stated on this page to effectively remove VideoApp Search from the computer. Download and scan the system with provided virus scanners and tools. These programs are provided free yet very efficient in getting rid of malware.
1st Step : Uninstall VideoApp Search from Windows
This procedure is optional only if you haven't successfully get rid of VideoApp Search even though you have followed the procedures above. You may also execute this method first, and then carry on with the 1st Step.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select VideoApp Search from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select VideoApp Search from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for VideoApp Search from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select VideoApp Search and then click Change/Remove.
Note: When VideoApp Search is not visible on the list of programs, we suspect that it is utilizing a unique title to conceal its presence. In this case, arrange the list of installed programs in chronological order showing the latest ones on top. If you find the most recent installed software suspicious, simply Uninstall it.
2nd Step : Scan the Computer with JRT
1. You need to download Junkware Removal Tool from this link. [Download Now]
2. Closing any opened program is advised before running the tool. Cease operation of browsers that are infected with VideoApp Search.
3. Run Junkware Removal Tool. It needs to check and download necessary update that is essential in removing VideoApp Search.
4. Next, the tool will make a backup copy of Windows registry and other significant files.
5. Then, Junkware Removal Tool will start checking your computer for presence of malicious items. The program will automatically deletes all threats identified from the system. Please refer to the log file.
3rd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Follow the link to download the tool from Bitdefender. [Download Now]
2. When your download has completed, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to initialize the tool.
3. Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer and look for VideoApp Search items. The software may also find other threats from the computer.
4. Once scanning has finished, threats and VideoApp Search files will be listed. Then, Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool will give you an option to select what items you want to remove. We imply that you remove all known threats, not only from VideoApp Search adware.
5. Mark all identified threats on the list and then click on the Remove button.
4th Step : More Scanners to Help you Remove VideoApp Search
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes VideoApp Search files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for VideoApp Search relevant threats.
5th Step : Reset the Configuration of your Internet Browsers
If ever VideoApp Search was able to infect your internet browser application and running above procedures are not beneficial, please follow these steps. Resetting your browser to default settings will clear any changes made by potentially unwanted program.
Delete VideoApp Search from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of VideoApp Search entries.
For a much detailed guide in resetting Chrome, kindly visit this link.
Remove VideoApp Search from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of VideoApp Search and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
You can click here for a more comprehensive steps in resetting Internet Explorer.
Uninstall VideoApp Search from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove VideoApp Search items.
Complete guide to reset Firefox settings is also available on this site.
Remove VideoApp Search from Microsoft Edge
1. Download Microsoft Edge Reset tool from this page.
2. Install the tool on the computer with default settings.
3. Leave "Launch Reset Edge Button" with mark at the final stage of the process. This will automatically run the tool when done with install process.
4. To start restoring Edge to previous clean state, click on Reset Edge Browser button.
5. Please restart the browser when done.