|Reported:||March 2, 2018|
|Updated:||March 2, 2018|
Suspicious search tool using the address Moviesearchcenter.com will take over the homepage in the sole purpose of promoting a program called FlixTab. This kind of unnecessary hijacking aspires to fully manage homepage settings and default search engine. It is noticed that accomplishing this task is due to primary purpose of gaining online revenue.
Regardless of the annoying and troublesome actions brought by Moviesearchcenter.com, browser hijackers are not considered as serious risks especially to operating system and installed programs. Occurrences of hijacking on homepage and search have no direct impact on the system as a whole. However, there is a potential risk especially in redirecting web browser to superfluous location where encountering malware is very likely to happen.
Browsers will continue to be manipulated by Moviesearchcenter.com as long as the main program exists on the browser. Therefore, if you want to stop Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer from experiencing Moviesearchcenter.com, please execute the removal procedures below as soon as possible.
Software bundles and quite a number of malicious freeware is the main carrier of Moviesearchcenter.com. It will never spread intensively like computer viruses. In most part, it secretly installs on the system without the full knowledge of user. Therefore, presence of Moviesearchcenter.com can be attributed to the installation of freeware.
If you ought to remove Moviesearchcenter.com, it is also vital to uninstall freeware and the main application as stated above. Afterwards, scanning the system with virus and malware remover is essential to ensure the cleanliness of the computer.
Removal Tool for Moviesearchcenter.com
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "Moviesearchcenter.com". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove Moviesearchcenter.com including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
How to Remove Moviesearchcenter.com step-by-step?
Another option to effectively remove Moviesearchcenter.com from your computer, is to execute the procedures as presented. Take note that it is important to scan the system fully with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and security software. Computer security tools we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we start with Moviesearchcenter.com removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
1st Step : Uninstall Moviesearchcenter.com
Most adware are installed the same way common programs are setup on Windows system. If Moviesearchcenter.com entry is present on Add/Remove programs of Windows, uninstalling the program is very much advised.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Moviesearchcenter.com from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Moviesearchcenter.com from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Moviesearchcenter.com from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Moviesearchcenter.com and then click Change/Remove.
Note: There are times that adware may be using unknown name to conceal its existence, thus you may not be able to see Moviesearchcenter.com on the list of installed programs. In this case, please arrange the list chronologically showing the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove Moviesearchcenter.com with JRT
1. Download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your hard drive. [Download Now]
2. Double-click on JRT.EXE to run the tool.
3. It may take a minute for Junkware Removal Tool to check and download necessary updates, please be patient. Next, the tool will backup Windows registry for just in case anything bad happened.
4. Junkware Removal Tool will scan the system including Start-up, Processes, Services, Files, Folders, and Registry. It automatically deletes items related to Moviesearchcenter.com, and any other malicious files.
3rd Step : Use Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download and install Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool. [Download Now]
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find Moviesearchcenter.com files. This tool will also scans for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, Moviesearchcenter.com files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of Moviesearchcenter.com adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Double-Check for Presence of Moviesearchcenter.com with Online Virus Scanner
1. Click on the link above to browse Online Virus Scanner from ESET web site. [Scan Now]
2. You must 'Agree' to the Terms and Conditions in order to use this tool and help get rid of Moviesearchcenter.com.
3. If this is the first time you are running ESET Online Virus Scanner, it may take a while to download signature database. Please complete the download to effectively scan and remove Moviesearchcenter.com and other harmful objects from your PC.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes Moviesearchcenter.com files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for Moviesearchcenter.com relevant threats.
6th Step : Reset and Delete Moviesearchcenter.com from Internet Browsers
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Moviesearchcenter.com entries.
For a much complete guide to reset Google Chrome settings, please visit this page.
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Moviesearchcenter.com and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
See full instructions to reset the configuration of Internet Explorer.
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Moviesearchcenter.com items.
For a detailed guide to reset Firefox settings, please click this link.