|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||September 24, 2016|
|Updated:||September 24, 2016|
Home.prontovideoconverter.com is a questionable search engine that is specific to its brand. This hijacker targets Mac OS X users and mostly affects Safari browser. Both your Home page settings and default search engine will be replaced by Home.prontovideoconverter.com if computer gets infected. In many cases, users are not aware that harmful program is being installed because it is typically bundled to other installation files. Also, malicious tricks are being used by cyber criminal, like integrating the adware to software updates.
The spread of Home.prontovideoconverter.com is connected to online promotion in which adware authors intend to gain some profit. The hijacking and redirects may also produce a pile of pop-up ads or banners within the context of the search results page. The presence of Home.prontovideoconverter.com is also a magnet to other adware or potentially unwanted program to access your OS X system.
Home.prontovideoconverter.com changes certain settings on Safari and other known browser for Mac OS X system. It switches your home page from the default one to this unknown and probably unsafe search engine. This adware also installs other features on the browser without asking for your advice.
In general, the adware secretly sneaks into the computer unknown to user. It arrives as a package alongside with shareware, tools, file downloader programs, and bogus software update. Installation of the downloaded file and Home.prontovideoconverter.com files are simultaneous. The adware gets installed in the background without getting users attention. Only recognizable change after the adware has loaded is the new home page which appears to be Home.prontovideoconverter.com.
Unlike most programs, you will have difficulty in removing Home.prontovideoconverter.com from the computer. It was made to stick into the system and may require technical know-how to be able to eliminate it fully. Therefore, we have prepared a simple and easy to follow instruction to remove Home.prontovideoconverter.com from your Mac OS X system.
Home.prontovideoconverter.com web site is currently not listed as dangerous under Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page. Over the past 90 days, no dangerous content was found on this site.
How to remove Home.prontovideoconverter.com?
To effectively remove Home.prontovideoconverter.com from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Home.prontovideoconverter.com
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Home.prontovideoconverter.com and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Home.prontovideoconverter.com with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac from official website. [Download Now]
2. Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
3. On the main console, click on Search for Adware.
4. Remove all threats after the scan. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of Home.prontovideoconverter.com, please proceed to the next step.
Uninstall Home.prontovideoconverter.com browser extension
1. Uninstall Home.prontovideoconverter.com extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Home.prontovideoconverter.com and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Home.prontovideoconverter.com and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Home.prontovideoconverter.com from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Home.prontovideoconverter.com extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Home.prontovideoconverter.com file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Home.prontovideoconverter.com and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Home.prontovideoconverter.com and drag it to Trash.
Scan Again with with Anti-malware Tool
1. Download the most recent version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. [Download Now]
2. Double-click to open the .Dmg file and drag the program onto Applications folder to install.
3. Run the anti-malware tool.
4. Click Scan to start checking the computer for items related to Home.prontovideoconverter.com and other malware.
5. After scanning the computer, the tool will issue a list of detected threats.
6. Click on Remove Selected Items to start deleting all identified threats.