|Reported:||March 2, 2018|
|Updated:||March 2, 2018|
Mysearchprotect.com takes the place of your browser’s homepage after the infiltration of malicious browser extension. There are so many kind of this unwanted extensions that hangs around on the web waiting to be downloaded. Its authors are exploiting software bundles to reach users of browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
After the discrete installation of unwanted extension, it alters configuration of the browser. It leaves the homepage and search engine with Mysearchprotect.com as the default URL. It also loads insignificant amount of advertisements by means of pop-ups and paid links. This ensures that Mysearchprotect.com is functional in gaining online profit. After all, this is the main reason why adware makers produce browser hijacker like this. It is an irrational search engine that does not really enhance online browsing experience as what it claims on its official website.
Various unwanted homepage hijacker like Mysearchprotect.com surface daily, bringing with them unique characteristics. Be mindful that most are exaggerating offered features aiming to mislead web users to install and utilize the program. Mysearchprotect.com is just one of the many insignificant providers that were made exactly to gain online profit while giving nothing but annoying homepage.
In our judgment, Mysearchprotect.com has nothing unique to present, therefore it is useless. It is also much safer to browse the internet without this extension. As long as it is attached to the browser, it may do something fishy like monitoring internet activities, record key words, and collect vital information from users. Removal of Mysearchprotect.com is highly advised for much secured and private online browsing.
Removal Tool for Mysearchprotect.com
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "Mysearchprotect.com". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove Mysearchprotect.com including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
How to Remove Mysearchprotect.com step-by-step?
Another option to effectively remove Mysearchprotect.com from your computer, is to execute the procedures as presented. Take note that it is important to scan the system fully with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and security software. Computer security tools we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we start with Mysearchprotect.com removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
1st Step : Uninstall Mysearchprotect.com
Most adware are installed the same way common programs are setup on Windows system. If Mysearchprotect.com entry is present on Add/Remove programs of Windows, uninstalling the program is very much advised.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Mysearchprotect.com from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Mysearchprotect.com from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Mysearchprotect.com from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Mysearchprotect.com and then click Change/Remove.
Note: There are times that adware may be using unknown name to conceal its existence, thus you may not be able to see Mysearchprotect.com on the list of installed programs. In this case, please arrange the list chronologically showing the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove Mysearchprotect.com with JRT
1. Download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your hard drive. [Download Now]
2. Double-click on JRT.EXE to run the tool.
3. It may take a minute for Junkware Removal Tool to check and download necessary updates, please be patient. Next, the tool will backup Windows registry for just in case anything bad happened.
4. Junkware Removal Tool will scan the system including Start-up, Processes, Services, Files, Folders, and Registry. It automatically deletes items related to Mysearchprotect.com, and any other malicious files.
3rd Step : Use Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download and install Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool. [Download Now]
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find Mysearchprotect.com files. This tool will also scans for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, Mysearchprotect.com files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of Mysearchprotect.com adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Double-Check for Presence of Mysearchprotect.com with Online Virus Scanner
1. Click on the link above to browse Online Virus Scanner from ESET web site. [Scan Now]
2. You must 'Agree' to the Terms and Conditions in order to use this tool and help get rid of Mysearchprotect.com.
3. If this is the first time you are running ESET Online Virus Scanner, it may take a while to download signature database. Please complete the download to effectively scan and remove Mysearchprotect.com and other harmful objects from your PC.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes Mysearchprotect.com files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for Mysearchprotect.com relevant threats.
6th Step : Reset and Delete Mysearchprotect.com from Internet Browsers
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Mysearchprotect.com entries.
For a much complete guide to reset Google Chrome settings, please visit this page.
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Mysearchprotect.com and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
See full instructions to reset the configuration of Internet Explorer.
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Mysearchprotect.com items.
For a detailed guide to reset Firefox settings, please click this link.