|Reported:||February 8, 2018|
|Updated:||February 8, 2018|
Search.searchlye.com is part of Polarity family that produces many search engines. This one is definitely made to promote a program called Login Your Email. Once this browser extension is installed, it explicitly modify the settings which changes the homepage to Search.searchlye.com. Default search engine also reveals the same URL.
As an adware, Search.searchlye.com displays advertisements as primary means of producing online profit. Therefore, it is expected that this program will collect several data on the computer. Browsing activities, search history, and other information related to user’s online interest are pulled together by Search.searchlye.com. After data gathering, Search.searchlye.com analyzes the situation and serves the best advertisement that can generate sales leads and profits.
Apart from being an ad-supported search engine, Search.searchlye.com aims to make revenues though pay-per-click scheme. Paid links are inserted onto search result pages that aim to deliver internet traffic to client’s website. This technique however requires deceptive scheme to be profitable. Thus, paid links are blended to valid search result link, which often mistakenly click by web users.
As you can notice, Search.searchlye.com is not too harmful. However, it can cause annoyances especially on everyday browsing activities. If you require to get rid of it, we have special guide to help you complete the task. Below is a quick step to properly remove Search.searchlye.com from the computer and internet browser program as well.
Search.searchlye.com and similar new browser hijackers emerge almost daily. Some are part of legitimate program, while other was just made to make profits via deceptive method. It can sneak onto the computer through software bundling techniques. It is easier to spread via this process because there are network of advertisers and software makers that specializes in software distribution. They offer services that optimize the process from downloading, to successful installation of the package.
To avoid Search.searchlye.com, keep away from suspicious websites and servers. Never click on pop-ups and banner ads that originate from questionable sites. In particular, raffles, lottery, and survey web pages offering great rewards can lead to adware or worst, malware infection. Being alert when browsing the web is still the best key to avoid any form of online threats.
How to Remove Search.searchlye.com?
To effectively remove potentially unwanted program like Search.searchlye.com from your computer, you need to execute the procedures as presented. Take note that it is important to scan the system fully with suggested anti-virus, anti-malware, and security software. Computer security tools we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we start with Search.searchlye.com removal process, we advise that you PRINT these steps as some tools may require you to restart the computer later.
1st Step : Uninstall Search.searchlye.com
Most adware are installed the same way common programs are setup on Windows system. If Search.searchlye.com entry is present on Add/Remove programs of Windows, uninstalling the program is very much advised.
For Windows 10 Users
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select Search.searchlye.com from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
For Windows 8 Users
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Search.searchlye.com from the list and click Uninstall button.
For Windows 7 Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for Search.searchlye.com from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
For Windows XP Users
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select Search.searchlye.com and then click Change/Remove.
Note: There are times that adware may be using unknown name to conceal its existence, thus you may not be able to see Search.searchlye.com on the list of installed programs. In this case, please arrange the list chronologically showing the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove Search.searchlye.com with JRT
1. Download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your hard drive. [Download Now]
2. Double-click on JRT.EXE to run the tool.
3. It may take a minute for Junkware Removal Tool to check and download necessary updates, please be patient. Next, the tool will backup Windows registry for just in case anything bad happened.
4. Junkware Removal Tool will scan the system including Start-up, Processes, Services, Files, Folders, and Registry. It automatically deletes items related to Search.searchlye.com, and any other malicious files.
3rd Step : Use Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download and install Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool. [Download Now]
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find Search.searchlye.com files. This tool will also scans for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, Search.searchlye.com files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of Search.searchlye.com adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Double-Check for Presence of Search.searchlye.com with Online Virus Scanner
1. Click on the link above to browse Online Virus Scanner from ESET web site. [Scan Now]
2. You must 'Agree' to the Terms and Conditions in order to use this tool and help get rid of Search.searchlye.com.
3. If this is the first time you are running ESET Online Virus Scanner, it may take a while to download signature database. Please complete the download to effectively scan and remove Search.searchlye.com and other harmful objects from your PC.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes Search.searchlye.com files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for Search.searchlye.com relevant threats.
6th Step : Reset and Delete Search.searchlye.com from Internet Browsers
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of Search.searchlye.com entries.
For a much complete guide to reset Google Chrome settings, please visit this page.
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of Search.searchlye.com and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
See full instructions to reset the configuration of Internet Explorer.
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove Search.searchlye.com items.
For a detailed guide to reset Firefox settings, please click this link.