|Sub-type:||Potentially Unwanted Program|
|Reported:||January 29, 2018|
|Updated:||February 17, 2018|
Disputed search tool with internet address Search.salamangal.com is connected to a browser extension that asserts to enhance web browsing experience of user. However, it is noticeable that this program is intrusive and will cause unnecessary changes on Macintosh-based browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Modification it has to carry out on the browser is not damaging at all. Though, these can be the root of various annoyances during online surfing.
As of now, we see no importance for having Search.salamangal.com on the browser. It functions similarly to most authoritative search engine like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. In fact, it gives us much confidence to use such popular search tool for security and privacy concern. Since Search.salamangal.com is associated to a family of potentially unwanted program (PUP), we have no idea if it has hidden schema for taking over the browser.
In general, Search.salamangal.com can be the root for some abnormality on browser and computer as well. We highly advise removal of this homepage hijacker before it can augment its command over affected browser program.
Search.salamangal.com is currently promoted as useful search tool that is compatible to most browsers that works on Macintosh system. However, due to undesirable changes it has to pull off on internet applications, we deemed it suspicious. In addition, it is classed as homepage hijacker that can be annoying once fully installed. Even with such traits, Search.salamangal.com is not taken as serious computer risk. Hence, we do not encourage the use of it either. As mentioned earlier, there are safer and known search tool that you can utilize without putting the system at risk.
If you need to remove Search.salamangal.com from the browser and Mac system, we included a simple guide on this page. It is important that you scan the computer with propose anti-virus and malware removal tool. Only this method can trace and delete covert malicious objects that are associated to Search.salamangal.com.
How to remove Search.salamangal.com?
To effectively remove Search.salamangal.com from your computer, please follow the removal procedures as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Force Quit Search.salamangal.com
1. From Apple Menu, choose Force Quit. Alternatively, press and hold down Command + Option + Esc on your keyboard.
2. On the Force Quit Applications window, select Search.salamangal.com and click the Force Quit button.
This method should end any running background process that belongs to unwanted application.
Scan and Remove Search.salamangal.com with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool for Mac from official website. [Download Now]
2. Unzip the file and run it on your Mac system.
3. On the main console, click on Search for Adware.
4. Remove all threats after the scan. If this procedure is not sufficient in getting rid of Search.salamangal.com, please proceed to the next step.
Uninstall Search.salamangal.com browser extension
1. Uninstall Search.salamangal.com extension, add-on, or plug-in from affected browser. This method will remove all malicious codes integrated into the browser.
For Safari Browser
Open Safari browser and select Preferences from the top menu. Then, choose Extensions tab to display all installed third party software. Look for Search.salamangal.com and remove related entry.
For Chrome Browser
Open Google Chrome and select Preferences from the menu. Next, click on the Extensions link which is located on the left side of the window. Once the list shows up, select Search.salamangal.com and uninstall it from the browser.
For Firefox Browser
Open Mozilla Firefox and select Add-ons from the Tools menu. Find Search.salamangal.com from Extensions and Plugins and delete if it is present.
2. Once you completed uninstall process of Search.salamangal.com extension, please restart the affected browser.
Delete Search.salamangal.com file manually
1. Go to User library. To do this, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Go to Folder command and input the following string: ~/Library/LaunchAgents
2. Press Return on your keyboard to open the LaunchAgents folder.
3. Inside the said folder, you will see the following files:
4. Drag them all to your Trash. Empty the Trash Bin and restart the computer.
5. Go to Finder once more and Go to Folder using this string: ~/Library/Application Support
6. Press Return on your keyboard to open the Application Support folder.
7. Once more, find any items with word Search.salamangal.com and put them to your Trash. Please restart the computer.
8. Lastly, go to your Finder and select Go menu. From the list, click on Applications command. Look for Search.salamangal.com and drag it to Trash.
Scan Again with with Anti-malware Tool
1. Download the most recent version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. [Download Now]
2. Double-click to open the .Dmg file and drag the program onto Applications folder to install.
3. Run the anti-malware tool.
4. Click Scan to start checking the computer for items related to Search.salamangal.com and other malware.
5. After scanning the computer, the tool will issue a list of detected threats.
6. Click on Remove Selected Items to start deleting all identified threats.