|Reported:||January 9, 2018|
|Updated:||January 9, 2018|
FindMeFreebies is an unwanted toolbar that may get installed on browser through freeware. This adware may inflict so many troubles when installed on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. Obviously, FindMeFreebies will be added to affected browser showing various buttons and features. The adware also incorporate unknown search as your default home page.
FindMeFreebies toolbar and its other variants are promoted as a tool that will enhance your web browsing experience. At some point, it can be a useful application. However, due to some annoyances like excessive advertisements and redirect functions, it was deemed malicious and unnecessary browser add-on.
About FindMeFreebies (from findmefreebies.com)
Find free product samples, giveaways, freebies, music downloads, books and more– all from one FREE and convenient spot! This extension configures your New Tab page to FindMeFreebies to provide these features. Get free products, samples, downloads and more – FREE from your PC.
If FindMeFreebies is installed on the computer, you are giving adware authors the liberty to modify certain settings on your browser program. Most users think that it was just FindMeFreebies toolbar that is going to be installed, without their idea; the main goal of this adware is to display advertisements and generate easy money at the expense of their computer.
As an ad-supported program, FindMeFreebies is provided free. In return, authors of this malicious program need to earn through various advertising scheme such as pop-up, banners, and redirects. The FindMeFreebies toolbar itself may consist links that when clicked will open your browser to a commercial web sites.
It was also diagnosed that presence of FindMeFreebies means to gather online browsing information from the computer. Data gathered are analyzed to give advertisements which are within the interest of the user. Thus, monitoring every web site you visits are things you are searching can be the main concern for this adware.
Free Removal Tool for FindMeFreebies
It is highly recommended to scan the computer with MalwareFox AntiMalware to automatically remove "FindMeFreebies". This tool is remarkably effective against adware, browser hijacker, and potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that causes various computer troubles.
Performing this one-scan process should remove FindMeFreebies including associated malicious objects. Proceed to systematic guide below if you are certain that leftovers of the unwanted program remain on the computer.
How to Remove FindMeFreebies step-by-step?
Another way to remove FindMeFreebies from your computer is by executing this guide. Follow the procedures exactly as stated below. It is also vital to scan the system with anti-virus, anti-malware, and security tool as presented. Junkware removers we provided on this site are completely free to use.
Before we proceed, you may want to PRINT this procedure. During FindMeFreebies removal process, some tools may require restarting the computer.
1st Step : Uninstall FindMeFreebies from Windows
You can also uninstall FindMeFreebies from the computer through 'Add/Remove Programs' area of Window's operating system. Cleaning your browser from unwanted add-on, extension, and plug-in is also essential in dealing with FindMeFreebies adware.
Windows 10 Instructions
1. Open or Click Start Menu.
2. Choose the Settings menu to display all contents.
3. Select and click on System.
4. Under System menu, please click on Apps and features.
5. It will display all installed programs on your computer.
6. Select FindMeFreebies from the list.
7. Lastly, click on Uninstall button, and then confirm your action when prompted.
Windows 8 Instructions
1. Click on Start button located on bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Choose Control Panel from the menu.
3. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
4. Select FindMeFreebies from the list and click Uninstall button.
Windows 7 Instructions
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Once inside Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program.
3. Look for FindMeFreebies from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on top.
Windows XP Instructions
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the 'Currently Installed Programs' window, select FindMeFreebies and then click Change/Remove.
Note: If FindMeFreebies is not present on the list of installed applications, it might be using a unique title. Arrange the list chronologically with the most recent installed software on top. If it looks suspicious and unfamiliar to you, better remove it.
2nd Step : Scan and Remove FindMeFreebies with JRT
1. Download Junkware Removal Tool from the given link. [Download Now]
2. Before running the program, please close all opened programs especially Internet browsers that are infected with FindMeFreebies.
3. During initialization, Junkware Removal Tool will check and download necessary update that is essential in removing FindMeFreebies.
4. After that, the tool will create a backup of vital files including Windows registry.
5. Junkware Removal Tool will begin to scan the computer for any malicious items and automatically deletes them. Log file will be created for your assessment.
3rd Step : Double-Check with Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool
1. Download the tool from Bitdefender website. [Download Now]
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file BDPUARLauncher to run the program.
3. Let Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool scans the computer and find FindMeFreebies files. This tool will also scan the system for other malicious items from your PC.
4. Once finished scanning the computer, FindMeFreebies files are displayed along with other adware. It will be presented in a list in which you have an option to select what you want to remove. We suggest removing all identified threats and not only from those of FindMeFreebies adware.
5. Simply mark the file and click on Remove button.
4th Step : Reset and Clean your Internet Browsers
Delete FindMeFreebies from Google Chrome
1. Select Settings from Google Chrome menu.
2. Click on Show advance settings to expand the current window.
3. Click on "Reset browser settings" button.
4. You need to click on Reset button to confirm the removal of FindMeFreebies entries.
Remove Unwanted Toolbar from Internet Explorer
1. Select Tools from Internet Explorer menu.
2. Choose Interent Options from the list.
3. Select Advanced tab from the opened window.
4. Click on Reset button to get rid of FindMeFreebies and other adware.
5. Once done, click Close and then OK to apply the changes.
Uninstall Suspicious Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose Help from Mozilla Firefox menu.
2. Click Troubleshooting Information from the list.
3. Click on Reset Firefox button under "Reset Firefox to its default state" area.
4. Confirm the action and click Finish to finally remove FindMeFreebies items.
5th Step : Clean The PC With These Additional Scanners
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware [Click Here] - Scans and removes FindMeFreebies files and registry entries.
AdwCleaner [Click Here] - Eliminate remaining junkware.
Norton Power Eraser [Click Here] - Advance cleaner for FindMeFreebies relevant threats.